SELF GUIDED RIDES
If you are new to the area you may need some suggestions as to which routes are best for your level of ability, fitness and navigation skills. There are no off road rides in the immediate area which could be described as safe (free from traffic and obstacles/features), easy to navigate (signposted and waymarked) and suitable for all levels of fitness (free from hills!) Flatter, easier biking options are better explored on the Coast, Beddgelert, Caernarvon and Anglesey. We can transport bikes to these areas for a fee.
Beics Betws offer a number of Self Guided Rides where we offer you assistance and support with choice of route and navigation. Alternatively we can arrange a qualified and experienced Mountain Bike Guide to guide you or your group on the trails, lanes, tracks and moors of Snowdonia and Gwydir forest.
See the list of suggested rides in the area together with details and costs.
We have a choice of rides in the area where you ride alone or with family and friends but we assess your suitability for the various rides in the area and recommend the most suitable route, the best type of bike, a description of the route, a map and a Garmin navigation computer with the route mapped on. For some of the rides you might opt to have an uplift drop off or be collected at the other end (up to 4 bikes/people) . Some of the rides include cafe stops where you can get 10% discount as Beics Betws customers.
At a glance:
- Customers must hire at least 1 bike
- Based on information given by customers we assist in identifying a suitable route
- We provide maps with route identified (£5 deposit required)
- We provide Garmin bike computer with route mapped out (£5 extra)
- We provide instructions and risk assessment for chosen route
- We provide uplift and/or bike /person collection service on certain routes
- We provide back up emergency support by telephone or vehicle (where possible)
Riders do so at their own risk