Leisure Cycling Tours and Holidays
Why not hire one of our hybrid, electric or gravel bikes and enjoy a cycling experience with a difference? With spectacular landscape and dramatic scenery the best way to experience Wales is by bike. Explore the byways, quiet lanes, and trails of Wales on two wheels, take as long as you like, stop when you like and visit attractions and beautiful places during your journey. Spend a day or more on one of our self guided rides or leave the car at home on one of our self-supporting cycle holiday breaks.
We offer several one day, two or three day rides in north Wales to choose from or we can help you plan your own. Wales has some great longer distance road and off-road routes to explore included several signposted Sustran route. The Sea to Sea/C2C, Lands End to John o Groats /Le Jog, Hadrian’s wall cycle routes are very popular but Wales has much to offer the cycling enthusiast or keen beginner.
Enjoy a great Welsh welcome by breaking your ride into manageable sections with recommended pubs, cafes, B & B’s Hotels, Hostels or Bunkhouses en route. You can even camp if you choose and we can help with hire of some basic camping equipment. We can arrange baggage transfer each day if you prefer to travel light.
We can recommend linear and circular routes of between 20 miles (30km) and 250 miles (400km) which are planned to explore the best parts of Wales and avoid busy trunk roads. Rides can be combined with travel by train and we can transfer you and the bikes by arrangement.
Out and About with our Touring Bikes
Our road touring bikes have been newly acquired for touring purposes and consist of E Hybrid bikes, Gravel road bikes and Hybrid road bikes. All fully equipped for touring purposes with guards, locks, racks, panniers, navigational and safety equipment. We can recommend routes, places to eat and stayand offer back up services in the event of breakdown and personal difficulties.
Recommended Routes and Trip Planning
We advise that you plan to spend between 2 and 7 days on your bike tour, although single day rides can be just as enjoyable. The distance travelled on each day will be influenced by a number of factors including terrain, location, size of group, type of bike and fitness levels. We will help you to plan and map the tour according to your needs and wishes.
Factors to consider include:
- Timescale – how long to do have available? We suggest at least 1 night away
- Distance to be travelled - The total distance of the chosen route and the distance travelled each day depends on a number of factors, fitness level , size of group, length of day, stamina, terrain, type of bikes being used, suitability places to eat and stay, breaks and stop off on route
- Budget – How much is to be spent on bike hire, pick up and drop off and accommodation
- Scenery and Location – Some people prefer coastal and estuary landscapes, others mountainous andhilly landscapes others a mixture. Choose between remote areas, or travel between larger villages and towns There are many choices in Wales and we can advise. Choose between circular routes or linear routesinvolving vehicle or train transfers. Try not to return by the same route and plan to do the hilly bits first!
- Suggest routes and plan your ride – ranging from 30km to 90km per day
- Provide route description, maps, bike computer and GPS file
Provide E or traditional bikes suitable for touring
- Provide safety equipment, panniers, waterproof bags and basic camping equipment (if required)
- Deliver and collect bikes, riders and equipment (up to 5 people /bikes)
- Suggest places to stay and eat
- Suggest things to see on route
- Provide train journey options
- Provide emergency back up support
- Store heavy luggage during your trip
- Pay for bike hire (reduced rates for multiple days /bikes)
- Pay for delivery and collection (depending on location)
- Pay for additional equipment hire, (panniers, computer, camping gear etc)
- Book own accommodation (we can help you plan)
- Be self-supporting (except for emergencies (not including punctures))
- Provide suitable clothing and sleeping bags (if camping)
- Explore and enjoy the beauty and peace of Wales
- Improve your fitness
- Help the environment by reducing your carbon footprint